Simple CV Tips
Writing a professional Curriculum Vitae (CV) that stands out from the rest is no easy task! Research suggests that Recruiters only spend an average of six seconds reviewing a resume – that is a very small window to make a lasting impression.
A badly written or unprofessional CV can hinder you from landing your dream job! Below are some key tips to remember when writing your CV.
- Include your contact details i.e. contact number AND email address
- Tailor your CV to the specific role you are applying for
- Use a professional CV format / template with legible font
- Write a personal statement which summarises your skills and strengths
- Send a CV with any spelling or grammar mistakes on it – make sure you proofread you CV before sending it out
- Use multiple colours or pictures on your CV as this can be distracting
- Have a CV that is longer than 2-3 pages (keep it concise)
- Use abbreviations or jargon not specific to the role
If you are starting to prepare your CV and would like some more tips? Please contact us for a chat - we are only too happy to help.